How to Create a Dropbox Folder and Add Restrictions
There are two steps to setting up a Dropbox:
1. Create a dropbox folder.
2. Add restrictions and conditions to the dropbox folder.
To access the Dropbox tool: Click the Dropbox link on your course navigation bar.
Note: If you do not see the Dropbox link you will need to add it to your navigation bar.
Creating a Folder
1. From the main Dropbox page, click New Folder to create a folder. The New Folder page displays.
2. Type the name of the folder in the Folder Name field.
3. If you would like to classify your folders, select the category from the drop-down list or click the New category link to create a new one.
4. If you want to tie the results entered in the Dropbox area to a grade item, choose the item from the Grade Item drop-down list or create a new grade item by clicking the New grade item link.
Note: Dropboxes can only be tied to numeric grade items.
5. Type instructions in the Custom Instructions field. This message will be displayed to the course participants when submitting their assignments.
6. Click Save to save your folder.
7. Click Folder List to return to the Dropbox administration area where the new Dropbox will be displayed.
Your new folder will be listed on the main Dropbox page. There are three file notifiers beside the folder name: Total Files submitted, files that you have not downloaded (Unread Files), and files that you have Flagged. The folder icon located to the left of the folder name will show a “G” inside the folder if you have associated it with a grade item.
Restricting Dropbox Folders
You can restrict submission dates by specifying restrictions on a Dropbox folder.
1. From the main Dropbox page, click on the Edit icon located to the right of the applicable folder name.
2. To set a start date for submissions, click the tab called Restrictions and check the box Has Start Date and choose the desired date from the drop-down lists or the calendar icon.
3. To set and end date for submissions, click the tab called Restrictions and check the box Has End Date and choose the desired date from the drop-down lists or the calendar icon.
4. Select Display in Schedule if you would like the submission time frame to be added to a participants’ Schedule tool.
5. Click Save to save the changes.
6. Click the Folder List icon to return to the main Dropbox page.
7. The edited folder will now display the cut-off dates to participants.