How to Add a Topic
A topic is where participants can post messages. You must have created at least one forum before you can create a topic.
1. If you have just created a new forum and are still on the New Forum page, simply click Save and Add Topic. The New Topic page displays.
a. If you are on the main Discussion page, click Add a new topic icon next to the forum. The New Topic page displays.
2. Type a Topic Title. This will appear as the link to the topic on the main Discussions page.
3. Type a Description (optional). This will appear below the Topic Title on the main Discussions page. You can also use the HTML Editor, Spell Check and Preview icons to create text in HTML format and check it.
4. Check Hide this topic under the Availability option if you want to make the discussion topic invisible to other users. You can then return at a later date and uncheck this box when you are ready to release the discussion topic.
5. Select the Topic is visible for a specific date range radio button and select the appropriate date from the drop-down lists or the Select Date icon to specify when the discussion topic will become available to course participants. Or, don't set a start date to make the topic available immediately (unless it is hidden).
6. Select the Topic is visible for a specific date range radio button and select the appropriate date from the drop-down lists or the Select Date icon to specify a date when the discussion topic will be hidden from student view. Or, don't set an end date to make the topic available indefinitely (unless it is hidden).
7. Click Save.
8. Continue adding topics to the forum, or click the Discussion link in the navigation bar to go back to the main discussions page.