How to Add a Form
The first step in creating a discussion board is to create a forum. A forum groups related topics together to keep your discussion board organized. Like a category heading, it provides students with a title and description for the discussion topics within that forum. Within a forum, are topics. Adding a topic creates a link under the appropriate forum title that users can click to enter the topic. Within the discussion topic, participants and instructors can add, reply and review messages.
1. On your home page, click the Discussions link on the navigation bar. The Discussions page displays.
2. Click New Forum. The New Forum page displays.
3. Type a Forum Title. This will appear on the main Discussions page.
4. Type a Description. The description will appear below the Forum Title on the Discussions page. You can also use the HTML Editor, Spell Check and Preview icons to create text in HTML format and check it.
5. Check the Allow anonymous messages box if you want to allow users to post to the forum anonymously. This means that users’ names will not be displayed with their posts in the discussion topics within this forum.
6. Check Hide this forum if you want to make the discussion forum invisible to other users. You can then return at a later date and uncheck this box when you are ready to release the discussion forum.
7. Select the Forum is visible for a specific date range radio button and select the appropriate date from the drop-down lists or the Select Date icon to specify when the discussion forum will become available to course participants. Or, don’t set a start date to make the forum available immediately (unless it is hidden).
8. Select the Forum is visible for a specific date range radio button and select the appropriate date from the drop-down lists or the Select Date icon to specify a date when the discussion forum will be hidden from student view. Or, don't set an end date to make the forum available indefinitely (unless it is hidden).
9. Click Save.